NarkSide: July 2011
^^Suggested serving: #OmNomNom!
Recently, some followers of the NarkSide forum and Facebook asked that I share recipes for some of the dishes that I post in my “Dieting should never be boring” album.
i.e. Some of foods I cook daily.
I thought I’d start off with something simple… so here goes!
Tuna burger recipe
By Corey Springer
- 3 cans albacore tuna
- 1 large onion (Diced)
- 1 large sweet pepper (Diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (Diced)
- 2 tbsp salsa…medium spiciness
- 1 lime
- Binder (organic kamut flour, organic oat flour, organic soymilk powdery) to desired consistency
- Pinch of baking powder
- Water to desired consistency
- Star anise, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, & fennel powder to taste
- Shred tuna chunks to make it more malleable
- Halve the lime… Squeeze the juice over tuna. Cover, and allow it to ‘sit’ for 5 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add small amounts of water until flour is sufficiently saturated to act as a binder
- Fold in onions/peppers/garlic
- Shape mixture into patties
- Grease grill and heat
- When hot, place tuna patties on grill/grill pan
- Cook until brown on one side. Press, and flip.
- Repeat on other side
-Corey “Narkissos” Springer
“The NarkSide” Fitness Forums
Apollo Fitness Barbados