NarkSide: September 16th 2011
Hey all! It’s September 16th… 7 days before my birthday. September, for me, is my ‘peak month’: i.e. the month where I push myself extra hard to be in peak form, so I can celebrate my birthday in my best shape ever. As such, my diet gets extra tight at this time.
If you guys have been following my “Dieting should never be boring” series, you’ll know that ‘tight’, for me, doesn’t equate to ‘tasteless’.
I thought I’d show you how I get a ‘sweet treat’ in on night’s like tonight when I’m craving something of the sort. Here goes!!!
- 6 packets of splenda (or the equivalent in stevia OR 1/2 cup honey)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1/2 cup quick oatmeal
- 1/2 cup multigrain flour (rye, cracked wheat, corn grits, barley flakes,
rolled oats, rye malt, sesame seeds, millet)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder (Or plain if you prefer a milder taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Water (as needed to achieve correct consistency)
- Pam Cooking spray
- 1 sexy toothpick
- Add rum to raisins… and allow the raisins to soak (covered, and
- Drain the Raisins, and save the fluid for later use.
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and stir evenly.
- To the dry ingredients add apple juice, the rum-flavored fluid from the
raisins. Stir until evenly mixed. (NB: If the mixture isn’t moist
enough, add just enough water to achieve the desired consistency.)
- Cover the mixture, and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Fold in the raisins by hand, until they are just about evenly distributed.
- Next, grease a flat baking pan with cooking spray.
- Using a spoon, start dropping the cookie dough onto the baking pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place baking pan into oven, and bake cookies at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- When the 15 minute timer goes off, poke the middle of one of the cookies
with a toothpick to assess doneness. The toothpick should come out clean. (NB: should it not be clean, turn the oven off and let the cookies sit in the
still-hot oven for 5 minutes more).
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes before removing from baking pan.
- Stuff yourself without losing your abs. 😀
And Happy Birthday to all of your Libras and Virgos out there!
-Corey “Narkissos” Springer
“The NarkSide” Fitness Forums
Apollo Fitness Barbados
I’m liking this one! The rum soaked raisins must make these even yummier. P.s. please delete the comment on the previous post as I somehow mixed them up.
Do let me know if you try it 🙂