Stardate: 14th August 2015
I’m popping through the door at present. Absolutely overwhelming day thus far… and hardly any opportunities for meals. As many of you can relate to this state of being, I figured you’d be interested in one of my quick-fix meal-on-the-go smoothie ideas.
- 1 scoop unflavoured (or vanilla) whey protein
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen soursop
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 splash Angostura Bitters
- 1oz Spiced Rum
- Ginger powder, nutmeg powder, and splenda to taste
- Combine all liquids in the blender first. Blend until you’ve got a smooth cocktail.
- Add frozen fruits. Blend until smooth.
- Add powdered ingredients (protein powder, ginger, nutmeg, splenda). Blend slowly, so there are no lumps. Once smooth, blend on high for a few seconds to really whip it up.
- Pour in to highball glass, with pinkie extended… like a sir. Top with 1 splash of Angostura bitters.
- Put on your top-hat, and monocle. You’re balling!
Yours in fitness,
– Corey Springer
Apollo Fitness Barbados