“Hey! I just saw your client [*inserts name*]. Their progress has been seriously impressive! What diet did you put them on?!”
Stardate: 9th December – 2015
I get questions like that one at least once each day. I try to answer politely each time, though (if we’re to be honest) the answer… the true answer… is unavoidably one that will ruffle feathers.
That answer? “What I did with him/her isn’t relevant to you… at all.”
Invariably, the person asking will assume that I’m being an asshole. But, let me extrapolate: Any sensible diet works… and there are tons of them out there.
-Did I mention that they, basically, ALL work?-
So, it doesn’t matter whether it’s:
- Low-carb with high fat and moderate protein
- Intermittent fasting and its myriad of variations
- Low-fat, moderate-to-high carb, and high protein
- IIFYM (If it fits your macros)
- The Military Diet
- The It’s-Income-Tax-Season-So-I’m-Broke Diet
It truly does *not* matter.
What matters then? I’ll tell you:
- Picking a style of dieting (based on how its precepts fit your personality, lifestyle, and needs – Logically, if your life requires that you work for 12 straight hours without a meal, a diet plan that requires 6 small feedings will fail you).
- Adjusting your caloric intake to your needs and goals ( – here’s a handy little guide to calculating your caloric needs).
- Sticking to your plan.
It’s that simple.
Yours in health, peace, and fitness,
– Corey Springer
Apollo Fitness Barbados
p.s. Let’s talk about the right diet for you in the comments below.
p.p.s – A rundown of eating correctly for your goals et. al.