Stardate: July 18th2015
Good morning all.
Barbados’ “Grand Kadooment” carnival is a mere two Mondays away. Many of you aren’t ready. I know. I see you. You’ve been trying, failing. Spinning your wheels. I know the struggle, friends. I’ve lived it.
It’s not too late though. We’ve got some tips and tricks to bring you down 5 to 15 pounds. Are you ready?
Okay. Here are the secrets. For the next 13 days, we’ll be eating like this:
- 10 calories per pound of bodyweight (9 calories per pound, if your waist is over 35 inches… as a large percentage of that weight will be fat; which burns very few calories at rest).
For a 170 lb (fe)male, that’s 1530-1700 calories per day.
You can opt to spread this out over 3 or 4 meals over the course of the day… five if you’ve the time, inclination, and/or usually have the urge to snack late at night.
- 0.75-1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.
For the 170 lb (fe)male, that’s 128-170 grams of protein per day.
- Increase calories consumed from healthy fats to 20% of daily calories.
For a 170 lb (fe)male, consuming 1530-1700 calories per day, that’s 34-38 grams of fat
- Restrict starchy carbs and sweets to 50 grams total… consumed immediately after exercise.
- All other calories? Allot that to green and cruciferous vegetables!!
- This may be a no-brainer but: EXERCISE DAILY GATDAMMIT!
It doesn’t need to be anything over the top. I’d alternating between a high-intensity, short-duration exercise on one day, and a long-duration low-intensity exercise on the other.
That could be as simple as 50 burpees on one day, and a 1 hour walk on the other day… alternating from day to day til Crop-Over.
If you’re already moderately active, try adding a new activity for one or two additional days per week. Bootcamp is a good choice.
< — See Previous Article, “BootCamp or Nah?” –>
- Increase water intake by 1.5 litres. Furthermore, pop in to the supermarket, and buy thirteen 1.5 litre bottles of water, so you have no excuses!
Whatever you do, DON’T restrict your water intake. A lot of people are still of the opinion that drinking water makes you hold water, and feel bloated. It is actually the opposite.
- Keep an eye on your sodium intake (- we’re aiming at 2000-3500mg per day max). But DON’T make the mistakes of obsession over sodium… or cutting it out altogether.
Many people make the mistake of cutting sodium, in the misplaced belief that it’ll help them shed weight on the long-term. Risk that, and you risk cramping up before you even dance to your first song.
- On day 14 (i.e. Kadooment day), stick as closely to the plan as laid out… Have your drinks, etc. But stay hydrated. It’ll make the day after WAY easier
Need further help pulling it all together?
- Check out our forum: http://www.getnarked.net
- Also check out this calorie counter, to help you with your portion sizes.
- Need recipes to fit your caloric goals? We’ve got ’em <- here ->!!
Let’s get that flat stomach!
Oh! BTW!!! I’ve been negligent.
For this, I apologise.
I mean, seriously, how could I NOT share the biggest thing we’ve done this past summer with you?
Yours in fitness,
– Corey Springer
Apollo Fitness Barbados